Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Be an Oracle DBA


This note is for FRESH graduates who like to be an Oracle DBA or not sure what technology stream you should take up .

First thing first.

Who is an Oracle DBA.

Oracle is among the world's most popular ,complex and sophisticated databases .mastering this complex set of computer programs requires the understanding of Database internals, Knowledge of OS, Networks, and some programming skills .

For same reasons, Oracle DBAs are hot in the market and average salary of Oracle DBAs are way more than other technologies (Even in India and the US)

Good read:
Also I let you explore Oracle DBA salaries compared to others in websites like glassdoor.com & payscale.com to get an idea what the salaries look like... 

There are no shortcuts to be a DBA but learn the technology the hard way !! .

Now ,whats my goal ?

Being an Oracle DBA with 12 Years of industry experience , I would love to share my knowledge and experience to groom aspiring freshers to become successful DBAs .

Planned curriculum :
1-2 month course on Oracle internals covering real work scenarios .
Weekday remote classes which you could attend from home 
Weekend full day practicals .
Work on real time scenarios and submit blogs and write articles .
Its a team effort and you help each other with R&D
Ultimate goal is to provide real work experience and groom you like a junior DBA with 1-2 year experience .
Get you certified as "Oracle Certified Associate"


I have tie up with a software company in BTM layout , Bangalore where I can setup an Oracle lab for practicals .


Selection Process:
I am looking for 5 candidates to start with .
You are fresh graduate , good at OS concepts, Networks,Database concepts and Basic programming knowledge .
If I get more than 5 nominations , selection will be based on a telephonic interview .(I would love to see this program a success)


Do I provide fake experience certificate ?
NO . That is not my goal.


Do I provide placement assistance ?
NO . You dont need me if you are good at what you do.


Is there a course fee ?
Yes . 10,000 a month but subject to change((still at the planning phase)) .

If you read all the above write-ups and still want to join , write to me   rk.vallayil at gmail.com
Or I am @ LinkedIn

Thank you
Rajeev





No comments:

Post a Comment